Casinos-Online.com » Online Casino News » PokerStars receives slots and betting licence in Spain

PokerStars receives slots and betting licence in Spain

12 June 2015

The Spanish gaming regulator has announced and confirmed the authorisation of licensed online gambling operators to now offer slots and exchange betting offerings. The announcement was made in recent weeks by the Dirección General de Ordenación Del Juego (DGOJ). This follows as Amaya’s online poker brand, PokerStars have been awarded a provisional licence and is now offering internet sports betting and slot games to the regulated Spanish market.

PokerStars already in a position to provide online poker and casino table games within the country, has now been awarded with a new license from the Spanish regulator the Dirección General de Ordenación Del Juego (DGOJ to expand their additional services in slots and betting offerings.

President of Southern European Operations for PokerStars, Gino Appiotti commented saying: “We’re very pleased to receive provisional licenses to expand our games offering on PokerStars in Spain. Our operation of online poker, live poker and now online casino shows that players trust us to deliver a variety of games in a fun and exciting way. We look forward to building on this by launching games under these new licences.”

With the inclusion of slots, a definite boost is anticipated in the regulated market’s online gaming vertical. The impressive gain in revenue figures are already visible in the first quarter of 2015. Figures released by the Dirección General de Ordenación Del Juego (DGOJ) regulatory body, showed casino table game revenue rising 38% to €12.2millon euros, outpacing the overall online market which grew 14% to €77.4millon euros. Sports betting remained the regulated market’s star performer, rising 20% year-on-year to €45.5millon euros, while poker fell 5% to €16.8millon euros and bingo was basically flat at €2million euros. Total online gambling spending rose 25% to €1.9billon euros in the first quarter as operators increased their marketing outlay by 34% to €22.3millon euros.

A number of operators have been awarded new licenses in the new regulated online gaming Spanish market and will be able to provide their offerings and services. William Hill, Net Entertainment (ENT) Betclic, Eurobet, Novomatic and Bet365 are just a few of the many operators that will be active within the Spanish market and offer online slot games along with other varieties of online gambling.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *